So, we have had a lot of changes in the Sabol household over the last few days so understandably we have had to deal with a few of Sophia's non-compliant behaviors. These include not listening, not listening, and not listening. Did I mention not listening? We have tried the "time-out" thing (doesn't quite get her attention), taking toys away (she just has others to play with), and the god forbidden spanking (honestly though, not a hard one, just light tap). However, we have run into a little bit of a parental issue when it comes to spanking and scolding. Now, don't think that CPS has been called or that Josh or I have been put in jail. Our problem is that because Sophia is so well spoken for a 3 year old, she makes us feel bad for disciplining her. For instance here is last nights conversation following a harsh talking to for not listening to mommy when I told her to get into the bathtub:
Sophia: "Mommy that is not nice"
Me: "It is not nice when you do not listen to mommy"
Sophia: "Friends don't yell at each other"
Me: "But you need to listen to mommy when I ask you to do something. If you listen I will not have to yell"
Sophia: "Well, well, well, that makes me feel sad when you yell"
Me: "I'm sorry I yelled, but you need to listen. Do you understand?"
Sophia: "Yes, I love you mom".
Now, honestly, how do you defend yourself when your child tell you that it makes her sad and that it isn't nice to yell. Very difficult.
Besides the occasional breakdown, Sophia has handled this transition with Suri very well. Sophia loves her with all of her heart and gives her hugs and kisses every chance she can.
Until next time......

1 comment:
OMG Molly...I can not stop laughing!!! I can just see Sophie saying that to you! Don't feel bad Michaela gave Chris the count down to 3 the other night!
Kelli
Post a Comment