Saturday, November 07, 2009

Exercise.......post pregnancy.....


So, I decided that enough was enough and headed back to the gym a few weeks ago. I eased into by just doing the elliptical for 20 minutes and lifting some light weights. I have found, however, that I tend to slack off if I don't have somebody telling me what to do, so I have started going to some classes. I am not catholic, but consider this my workout confession. Here goes:

1. I am not proud that the group of 50 year old women show me up every class.

2. I am constantly worrying that the old bladder is gonna give.

3. I really did think the instructor was kidding when she said "we are doing 32 push-ups". I did 10, and they were the girlie style. I am so ashamed.

4. I drop my weights every time the instructor isn't looking.

5. I check the clock every 5 minutes, hoping and hoping for the time to pass quicker.

6. Besides wishing for time to go faster, I also think about what I am going to eat when I get home.

7. I am so sore that it actually hurts to push the gas pedal of my car.

8. I sanitize every piece of equipment before I touch it. And when it comes to the handle of the door you best believe I am using my arm sleeve to open it. Gross! I need therapy for this germaphobia I have.

9. When the instructor asks "How is everyone doing?" I am the only one to yell out "BAD".

10. I don't know how long I am going to be able to use the whole "I just had a baby" excuse.

Until next time, unless I die in exercise class........

5 comments:

Regan and The Boys said...

Molly - you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

well...i'm already down to a size 0 and my abs are tight!!not sure what you are complaining about....

Anonymous said...

not sure what you are complaining about. it isn't that hard. i'm already back to my size 0 jeans and my abs are tight...:0) only in my dreams though!

KG said...

This is pretty funny. I'm laughing inside because you have always been very fit. I doubt if you are as bad off as you lead on. You probably had some of the same thoughts in basketball practice years ago.

babybeezymom said...

KG as in Coach Gaffney?