Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Dats how Ariel do it"

So, I recently had a post about Sophia setting herself up for a "movie kiss". I have started to get a little concerned about this. Yesterday she came to me after watching The Little Mermaid and wanted to kiss me like Prince Eric kisses Ariel at the end of the movie. You know, with the slight head tilt and eyes closed. She is coaching me on how to kiss, and I thought to myself "wait, this could carry over to school and that could be all sorts of bad", so I stopped. I asked her where she learned that and of course she said "Dats how Ariel do it". I wasn't real sure how I was going to handle this, but I knew Josh wasn't going to. His words to Sophia were "that's weird", I know, real helpful...Anywho, I talked to Sophs and said "you know sophs, you shouldn't be trying to kiss your friends at school. Ariel kissed prince Eric because they just got married (i know, i know, it is unlikely Sophia will wait until marriage for her first kiss). You only kiss mommy and daddy, right? And Sophia, we don't have to tilt our heads and close our eyes. That is what people do when they get married, okay?". Sophia responded "but, she didn't have a baby"... Again, a previous conversation we had with her regarding when a woman has a baby....Not real sure our point was made. Lets just hope I don't get a pink slip because Sophs was kissing on classmates....Never would have thought I would have to have this conversation with a 3 year old. Thank you Disney! Until next time

No comments: