Thursday, October 15, 2009

Middle Age Moment



Last weekend Josh, myself, and the girls drove down to Edinburgh to meet Kami and her family for a little shopping. While sitting in the car I looked down at my Mr. Rogers sweater, looked up in the mirror to see some old lady glasses, and then I turned around and saw two kids sitting in the back seat. When did I get old? When did I become middle-aged? This lead me to think of a few other things that have changed in the last ten years. Here goes:

-I used to say "I will never have a mini-van". Now, I think a mini-van would be super convenient and awesome.

-I don't wear make-up to look glamorous anymore, I wear it so that I don't look dead.

-It is not okay to wear my mid-drift top that says "Angel" across the chest anymore and those super tight low cut jeans are a no-no as well.

-A great Saturday night no longer consists of heading out to the club/bar but instead putting the kids to bed by 8pm and catching up on all of my recorded TV.

-If you have to tell yourself that you are still "cool" you are not "cool" at all.

-There is nothing wrong with some full coverage undies.

-My dance moves are a little outdated. Don't get me wrong, I can still bust a move, but the move I'm bustin' is a little bit bigger.

-There are times that I would actually pay money to have 15 minutes of peace to take a bath. Seriously, I will write a check.

Life happens so quickly. I swear it was only last week I was running around The University of Findlay with my roommate Lydia, without a care in the world. Now, I'm married, have two kids, a mortgage, a career......real life issues.

Until next time......

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I hear ya! It is so true, although I refuse to say that I am middle age. Not until I am at least 37! In actuality we are still relatively young! However, last night I was looking at pictures when Jenna was a baby- 6 years ago and wow have I aged. It was so incredibly depressing! Time flies and, you are right, real life issues happen.
BTW rest assured that you are still fun and beautiful!

Camden's Corner said...

Molly I like reading your blog it makes me laugh!