Saturday, March 06, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


Yesterday evening Sophia and I had a date. We went to see Alice in Wonderland. I was a bit hesitant to take Sophs to this because it just looked.........for lack of a better word, WEIRD! As a child I watched Alice in Wonderland (the made for TV version) over and over on my grandma's VCR. Not scary at all. Sophia insisted that she wanted to go and Josh thought she would do just fine as well. To my surprise, the movie was VERY good. I enjoyed it as much as any kid I think. Sophia was only scared when the dragon, or jaberwacki (not sure how to spell it) showed up. Even then all she did was snuggle in a bit.

The only "scene" we made on this night out was when the red queen showed up and said "Off with her head". Sophia then yelled out "Mommy, Off with her head". There were a few laughs in the theatre after that.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I am glad that it was good. I thought it was going to be like Coraline that I thought was weird and dark and turned it off after a while.
Glad you had a date night with your Sophia!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear that because I'd like to see it, but it does look weird. The one we're really excited to see is "How to Train Your Dragon."

Nice to have some mom-daughter time, isn't it?