So, the dust has settled a bit from our "Grumpy Hands" situation. Apparently Sophia hadn't been tolerating classmates taking toys away from her or not playing the way she wanted to play and has been handling it on her own. By "handling" I mean pushing, hitting, nudging...you know, whatever she needed to do to get her point across. All of this sounds like pretty ordinary 3-4 year old behavior, however I wanted to nip it in the bud (that's right I said nip).....Anyhow, this "grumpy hands" phase has coincided with Sophia's obsessive Mulan phase. Now, Mulan is a pretty aggressive movie. Mulan is a tough chick, kicking "honeybuns" all over the place. I am not advocating violence by any means, but if Sophia were to be a princess, I would want her to be Mulan, a tough chick princess who doesn't take any crap.
When "grumpy hands" began I asked Sophia in a serious voice "Sophia, why are you hitting your friends?", she said "....Because my hands are just so grumpy". It was all I could do not to bust out laughing. This child is something else. Thanks to Sophia's teachers and her "happy hands" chart we are hopefully done with our "grumpy hands" phase. But look out people, she has a wicked right hook.
Until next time....

2 comments:
What happened to Tues morning's sticker???
She probably put a choke hold on someone! Hard telling....
Post a Comment