Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meet the Teacher night

Last evening I attended "Meet the Preschool Teacher Night" at Sophia's school. I was excited to be the normal mother and attend this. I spoke with her teachers about what Sophia is interested in at school. Ms. M and Ms. L said Sophia really enjoys the sensory table (table full of rice or water that the kiddos can do experiments in), but that she really sort of divides her time evenly between the "dramatic play", "arts and crafts", and "construction" centers. She has started writing her name, however will only do it on her terms or with a bribery of candy. I was informed last evening that the kids will start having a little homework on Fridays (of course optional though). The only downside of last evening was that I had to sit on a preschoolers chair. Not a pretty sight.

Our most recent "SOPHIA-ISM":

Me: "Eeeew-weee it is hot out here"

Sophia: "Is the baby still cooking in your belly?"

Me: "Yes, she is still cooking."

Sophia: "Like a pizza?"

Me: "Right Sophs, just like a pizza."

Until next time........

No comments: