Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Basketball Camp


This week Sophia has been going to school and Josh picks her up for 1 hour in the afternoon for basketball camp. They don't have a 4 year old age group so Sophs has been playing with 5-7 year olds (Josh is one of the coaches so it is no biggie). She has been having such a ball and has been holding her own as the youngest. Today, Coach S. was discussing a drill that the girls were going to do that required them to dribble really low to the ground or "kill" their dribble. As Coach S. was telling them that they would "kill" their dribble Sophia just piped up in front of all of the players, coaches, and campers and said "Coach S. we don't say that word". He promptly changed his terminology from "kill dribble" to "low dribble". I am so glad I wasn't there. But, to Sophia's defense, "kill" is such an ugly word......




I can already see my future when Sophs is in elementary school: "Mrs. Sophia's mom. Hi this is Miss fist grade teacher. Sophia has had grumpy hands and wooped up on Fred. Then she told me that I should't use a mean voice or she would work me over too." I can already see it. Lord have mercy on those poor unsuspecting teachers. She looks sweet and innocent but she is full of it.

Until next time.....

No comments: