Monday, April 12, 2010

Workout Update


Okay, no longer am I the "Big Girl" in the exercise class. No longer am I checking the clock every 5 minutes. No longer am I "cheating" when the instructor looks away. I am almost there. Almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But DARN, it was a lot harder the second time around. I can honestly say that I am probably in better condition than I have been since I finished playing basketball. Not that you can tell by looking, but I can withstand a heck of a workout without dying. I can run up to 3.5 miles pretty comfortably. I can make it through spinning class, body-works class, and kickboxing class without skipping a beat. Yeah ME!

So, for all of those women out there worrying about that 50 pounds they gained during pregnancy (yeah, that's right, I said 50. What about it?) don't worry, you can get it back off. Enjoy your pregnancy. Eat that pasta. Have another cookie. It is the one time in your life that you are expected to gain weight.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Kaelin said...

Amen Sister! I gained 75 and now down 65....My 10 year reunion is coming up so I have about 25 more to go!! Keep up the good work Molly!!

Amy said...

I can't imagine that you were ever "the big girl!" But congrats on persevering at the exercise. It's not easy (says she who has not been to the gym since Thursday).