Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Urbanathlon-Chicago 2011

In early summer, Josh had this idea to sign us up for the Chicago Urbanathlon. This is a ten mile race with military obstacles mixed in (and stadium steps). So, I took on the challenge of training for this race. I did the running, the weight lifting, and the boot camp style classes. I'm not, by nature, a good runner. I fall into the category of slow. So, I knew that ten miles was going to kill me. But, I made it through. Chicago was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. It took me two full days to recover and I still have bruises surfacing, but it was definitely an accomplishment. I'm not ready just yet to discuss the possibility of doing this next year. Only time will tell if I'm crazy enough to repeat it.








Until next time.....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments: