Well, we will have made it to the 32 week mark in this pregnancy this upcoming Friday. Much, much better than 21 weeks when these preterm labor issues began. I realize this blog was designed to inform family and friends about the goings on in Sophia's little life, however i feel it necessary to include information on this pregnancy as it has had a major impact on our family and our daily lives.
I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and everything looked really great. The babies heart rate was in the 150s and I am measuring just a bit shy of 32 weeks. The doctor doesn't expect that this will be a very big baby. Sophia was only 6lbs 9ounces. Knock on wood, but I have really been feeling pretty decent. I still have contractions but I must be getting used to them. What I notice more now is the back pain. Now, I am sure a lot of this is due to the years and years of running up and down a basketball court. I am sure the excess weight gain isn't helping things either. I will not say how much weight I've gained, but lets just say that those women who only gain 20 pounds during their pregnancy would not allow me in their group. Oh well, I can worry about that after we have a healthy, full-term baby girl. I think I have been going through my "nesting" phase the last week or two. I have washed probably 100 newborn-3 month sleepers and onesies, I have washed car seats, swings, crib sheet, diaper bags, and I even took a stroller apart to wash the fabric overlay. Thank goodness we have a heavy duty washer and dryer. My doctor did tell us yesterday that I will continue taking Procardia (for contractions) until I reach 37 weeks. I stopped taking this medication with Sophs when I was 38 weeks and ended up walking into my scheduled OB appt dilated to 6 cm. So, history known, she wants me to stay on until we are sure this baby will be full-term. That is an easy assignment. I am hoping however that she will allow me to maybe get out of the house around 35-36 weeks. I am in desperate need of a Wal-Mart run for baby essentials.
Sophia has been doing great. She is such a little mommy. Since we have brought the swing into the house, Sophs has been putting her baby dolls in it and swinging her "softly". Sophia makes sure to give her baby sister kisses every time she leaves and before she goes to bed at night. I do have to remind her to be gentle. She is going to be such a great big sister. She wants me to "hush" (push) the baby out soon. I regularly remind her that the baby has to cook a little longer.
We are getting closer and closer to completing our little family. We just pray that everything will continue to go smoothly and that all of us will stay healthy and strong. Until next time.....

No comments:
Post a Comment